- Log on to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- If you don't have credentials then create a profile using your PAN as user id.
- Select your applicable IT Return Form right side of the homepage
- ITR 1, for Individuals having Income from Salary / Pension / Income from One House Property / Bank interest
- ITR 2, other individuals, who are not having Income from Business or Profession.
- Click here for the applicability of form and for other forms: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/individual_huf.do
- Fill the IT return excel sheet with
- Your personal information, ensure you mention your email id correctly.
- Salary & TDS information stated in the Salary Certificate and Form 16.
- Fill in the details of house property, bank interest and deductions if not claimed in form 16.
- Bank details are mandatory, ensure that you enter MICR code correctly.
- Follow the tips and in-built validations to ensure that the information filled is complete and accurate. You can save the form at any stage and complete the form as per your convenience.
- Determine your income & pay tax if necessary.
- The tax can be paid online, please click on link https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp.
- FAQ - https://www.tin-nsdl.com/oltas/oltas-faq-payment.php
- Verify your details and then generate .XML File
- The Excel Utility creates .xml file based on the details filled. Save this in your system
- Logon to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html using your user id and password or create a profile using your PAN as user id
- Select Assessment Year under submit returns section
- Browse and select .xml file saved in your system
- Please note latest version will be considered, so you can resubmit the xml if the information needs to be changed and ensure original form acknowledgement mentioned in revision xml
- After successful upload, an electronic receipt of the IT return will be generated.
- In case you have signed your return with digital signature, the receipt of e-return may be kept for your records and this receipt need not be submitted to the IT Department.
- In case you have filed without digital signature, the electronic receipt is generated i.e. ITR-V form. Please note that the ITR-V form can be generated only by the IT Department once you submit the ITR form.
- Print the ITR-V, Sign and Post to Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Bag No - 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru - 560100, Karnataka. (Do not drop your ITR-V in proof submission drop boxes) The due date for submission of ITR-V is 120 days from the date of upload of e-return.
- As an acceptance of your ITR-V, Income Tax Department sends an e-acknowledgement from mail id –email@example.com
- For queries, please contact the Income Tax Departments Helpdesk No.
For Income Tax related queries 1800 180 1961
For Rectification and refund 1800 425 2229
For e-Filling of Returns 1800 4250 0025
Working Hours 09:00 to 20:00 Mon-Sat-